Where could you find a work position?

According to a circular by the Greek Ministry of Education and Religion, all language teachers of primary and secondary education are entitled to teach Greek as a Foreign/ Second Language. Those teachers, in case they are also specialized in teaching Greek as a foreign language, could work either in private language centres such as the Hellenic Culture Centre or in various Vocational Training Centres, in Second Chance Schools, in Adult Education Centres, in Universities' language classes, or in other language programmes organized by various organizations (Local Authorities, IDEKE, GSAE, OAED, etc).

Many NGOs have contributed in organizing language programmes mainly intended for immigrants and refugees , but a teacher could work there primarily as a volunteer.

For a list in Greek of NGOs offering Greek Language Courses, please click here